StellaFit’s Famous Green Smoothie
Yield: 6 Tall Smoothies
- 2/3 cup organic spinach (I use baby spinach)
- 1/3 cup different varieties of kale (I use green curly kale, baby dino kale, spigariello kale, and lacinato kale)
- 1/4 cup organic parsley (flat or curly)
- 1/2 organic cucumber
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 small to medium organic apples (I like to use 1 granny smith and 1 fuji or honeycrisp)
- You can also add 1/2 cup organic grapes or use 1 small pear and 1 apple if you want your smoothie to be a little sweeter.
- 1 lemon – I peel the lemon but leave a small strip of skin
- 1 lime
- 1 banana or ½ if it is really large.
- 1 – 3 inch piece of peeled ginger or more to taste
- 1-3 inch piece of peeled turmeric
- ¼-½ avocado
- Collagen powder
- protein powder
- flax seeds
- chia seeds,
- apple cider vinegar
- Put all ingredients to a Vitamix or other high powered blender
- Add 16 oz cold water and start blending (you can add the water and start blending after you add the greens and while you are chopping and adding the other ingredients)
- Blend until smooth – add about 20-24 oz ice and blend on HIGH until smooth
I prefer drinking the smoothie with my breakfast which would include protein and fat.