Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
Author: Rachel Conners from www.bakerita.com/
- 4 bananas (2Â½ cups mashed or 575 grams)
- 4 eggs
- Â½ cup (140 grams) almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Â½ cup (75 grams) coconut flour
- Â½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped* (see notes for recommendation to keep 100% Paleo)
- Grease one 9″x5″ loaf pan (or 8″x8″ square pan, which is what I used) and preheat the oven to 350ÂºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes if using a square pan, and 50-60 if using a loaf pan. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about Â½ hour. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Try making your own Paleo chocolate chunks! I’ve used this recipe before and I think the results would be great in this banana bread, and it keeps it totally Paleo!