Creamy Lemon-Tahini Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
Recipe by Dada Eats
For the Pasta:
- 12 oz fusilli, penne, or casarecce pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tbsp Nature’s Intent Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes
- Boil pasta according to instructions on the package.
- Drain and rinse.
- Heat the pan, and then add the olive oil. Once oil shimmers, add minced garlic and diced shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until garlic is golden and shallots have caramelized. Now, add zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender and translucent.
- Add halved grape tomatoes and cook until they’ve softened.
- Add pasta and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Prepare ingredients for the lemon-tahini sauce by whisking all of the ingredients together – you may have to add a tbsp or two of extra water in case the mixture seizes.
- You want it to be creamy and smooth. Season to taste. Pour sauce over the pasta and vegetables, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and serve immediately!