15 Minute Veggie Packed Fried Rice
Recipe from Against All Grain
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (I use frozen – do not defrost)
- 1 oz dried Shiitake Mushrooms, or 6 ounces fresh
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 5 Scallions, thinly sliced – whites and top green parts kept separate
- 3 Carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 small head Napa Cabbage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled and minced ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes. Cut off and discard the mushroom stems; thinly slice the caps. Remove and discard the core of the cabbage; thinly slice the leaves.
- In a large pan, heat 2 teaspoons of ghee or coconut oil on medium-high until hot. Add the mushrooms and broccolini; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 to minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened and the broccoli is bright green. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the pan.
- In the same pan used to cook the mushrooms and broccoli, heat 2 teaspoons of ghee on medium-high until hot. Add the garlic, ginger, bok choy and white bottoms of the scallions; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the carrot and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until the carrots have softened slightly. Add the cabbage and cauliflower rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cabbage is wilted and the cauliflower rice is crisp tender.
- Add the eggs and cooked broccoli and mushrooms to the pan of vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes, or until thoroughly combined and the eggs are cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar, arrowroot, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce into the pan of vegetables and stir until thoroughly combined. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the fried rice between plates and garnish with the green tops of the scallions.