September 28, 2019
Healthy Habits Part Deux
StellaFit is at the University Club of Palo Alto on October 2nd to talk about her “5 Tenets of Health” and how sustainable habit change can positively impact health and longevity. If you are looking for someone to come to your workplace, club, or to talk with your students or sports team, please contact Stella at email@example.com.
StellaFit’s Monthly Tips
Did you know that a few small changes to your daily routine can have a positive impact on your overall health and wellbeing and just might help you optimize your health so that you can elevate your life?
We are just at the tip of the iceberg studying the gut microbiome and immunity, the gut microbiome and inflammatory disease, the gut microbiome and how it intersects with neuroscience. It is fascinating to say the least. What we know right now is enough to say that we should all be eating more plants, fiber, and fermented foods! I encourage you to take a look at your daily habits and pick one thing you can change this week to improve the biodiversity of your gut microbiome.
- Pick one or two different fruits and/or vegetables to add to your diet this week.
- Drink 1-2 Tbsp of organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar each day mixed in water, a green smoothie, or possibly fresh-squeezed orange juice (if you cannot tolerate the vinegar, you can always purchase the capsule version).
- Increase your intake of onions, garlic, and leeks.
- Add at least one source of fermented foods to your weekly diet such as kefir, sauerkraut, or kimchi.
- Spend more time outdoors.