Post ID: 706
I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday! I know Thanksgiving week can be the start of a month+ long slide into holiday eating and drinking excess, but it does not have to be! Here are a few survival tips in case you overindulged this past week (yes, I know this is repetitive, but it just seemed like the most appropriate post for today).
1. Do not beat yourself up for what you eat or drink. NEVER. EVER. EVER. If you wake up not feeling as perky or energetic as you had hoped, then get back on the bandwagon of eating mostly plant-based foods, some organic protein, and lots of water. After a couple of days, you will be feeling much better!
2. Don’t skimp on your workouts. Keep on keeping on. Don’t forget that your four-legged furry friends still need exercise over the holidays too.
3. Make sure you move as often as you can throughout the day. Take the stairs, park further away from your office or the stores, stretch often, go for a walk at lunch, schedule walking meetings, etc.
4. Load up on vegetables as much as you can.
5. Try to limit your alcohol consumption during the week.
6. Try to take a few minutes each day to focus on your breath.
7. And last but not least, try not to lose sight of the real joy of the holidays – spending time and connecting with friends and family.
If your child is planning on participating in my Winter Skills and Conditioning class at Hillview, don’t forget to sign up soon!! Space is limited.
Also, if a Perfectly Fit gift certificate is on your Holiday gift list, you can purchase them online through MindBody.
I hope you will be able to make it to class this week! All classes are on except for the Friday, 9am class at Stanford Hills. Unfortunately, I need to cancel that class this week. Don’t forget to sign up online if you are coming!