A few tips to keep your energy up:
The next few weeks before school comes to a grinding halt are some of the most stressful and jam packed weeks of the entire year. Everyone seems to secretly loathe the craziness of May, but we all keep putting one foot in front of the other, forging on to make it to that final day of school. So what can you do to keep your energy up? Here are a few tips from one of my mentors, Tood Durkin on what you can do to keep your energy up:
1. Stay away from “energy vampires” – be an energy giver and not an energy sucker.
2. Limit your alcohol to a drink or two over the weekends only.
3. Go to bed as early as you can before midnight and get quality sleep.
4. Make sure and eat every 3-4 hours. Plan out your meals and snacks to make sure they are void of breads, sugars, and processed foods. High octane fuel only.
5. Reduce the time you spend watching TV.
Two more things I would add: 1) when you feel overwhelmed, spend a few minutes deep breathing (all the way into your belly and back) – breath in for a count of 4, hold for 7, exhale for 8. Even starting your day with 5 minutes of deep breathing or meditation can be a great source of energy, and 2) make sure and MOVE your body every day!
Here is the flyer for the Teen Skills and Conditioning camps. The camps will be the weeks of June 22nd, June 29th, and July 20th from 4-6pm
M-F. Please sign up ASAP if your child is interested. I am limiting the enrollment to 10 kids per week. Please feel free to forward the flyer to anyone you think might be interested.
I hope you will be able to make it to a few classes this week, one way to keep your energy up! One schedule note, the WEDNESDAY 9am CLASS AT STANFORD HILLS IS CANCELLED. If you are coming to class, please sign up. You will need to purchase a class card if you do not have one on file. If you currently have one on file, please go ahead and email me if you are coming to class. You can also use MindBody to check the schedule as it is posted online and will stay current.