Awesome Life Tip
I love this “awesome life tip”! Yes, ask for what you want, write down your goals and dreams, keep rewriting them as your change your course, just take the plunge toward creating the life you want and always believe you are worthy!!!
We have a lot going on this month at Perfectly Fit. We have a group of teens training for the Theta Breakers 5K (please let me know if your child is interested in joining), we have a group training for the Big Sur Half Marathon, we have our Back to Basics Shape Up Challenge, and it is Buddy Month (bring a buddy to class and the buddy’s first class is free)!!
We are now in week four of our Back to Basics Shape Up Challenge. Please continue drinking alcohol in moderation (1-2 drinks) only on the weekends, refraining from white flour and sugar, keep your extra workout, and make sure you are drinking a glass of water in the morning upon rising. Your new goal is to cut your snacking to two snacks only per day – one in the morning and one in the afternoon and try to keep them around 200 calories. It is best to make your snack contain protein, fat, and fiber. Some good choices are apples with your favorite nut butter, hummus and vegetables, and organic greek yogurt with fresh fruit and nuts. As always, let me know if you have any questions.
If you want more tips, here are some great “healthy eating” tips from Precision Nutrition:
- Healthy eating isn’t perfection. It’s doing your best with what you have.
- Healthy eating isn’t calorie expertise. It’s paying attention to your body’s natural hunger and fullness cues.
- Healthy eating isn’t science overload. It’s keeping things simple, following basic principles, and using common sense.
- Healthy eating isn’t an escape from boredom. It’s just what our body needs to stay healthy — no more and no less.
- Healthy eating isn’t always delici-gasmic. It tastes good, but not too good.
- Healthy eating isn’t a new identity portal. We need to change from the inside out and live authentically as a happy, health-pursuing person.
- Healthy eating isn’t easy. But, if you organize your life and daily routine to enable living healthily, you’ll find it gets easier and easier.
- Healthy eating isn’t endless food preparation. With a few tricks and tips, you can whip together something tasty and healthy. If you enjoy lots of food prep, then do it. If you don’t, don’t.
- Healthy eating isn’t restriction. It’s about integrating your values so seamlessly into your life that you can easily make smart, healthy choices without feeling “deprived”.